The Library Life Blog

The Library Life Blog
Being a Library student and making it through life.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Public Libraries and Speed Dating : a response



This is a response to this article 

Ok, I am sitting in a coffee shop pondering the meaning of life and wondering about my future as a librarian. I am stressed to the max about school among other things. But then low and behold I find a story about speed dating at public libraries. It reminded me of a story of how I looked for a girl who kept showing up and disappearing. I was so anxious to meet this woman that I even had a friend look on each floor for this girl. I would see her everywhere but never got the nerve to speak to her. Who was she “ the Where is Waldo Chic” Then one day I was in yet another coffee shop and standing line. Low and behold, she appears. I introduced myself and we sat and had coffee. It was weird. I tried to engage in conversation with her, but she just wanted to hear what I had to say. I talked for 4 hours until the coffee shop closed. I left that place sweating. I will admit she did talk some about herself and a previous relationship.  Anyway, did anything come of this chance encounter? No!! I asked her over facebook 2 days later out for coffee again and she said she was not interested in dating.

Lesson learned:  Libraries may not be the best place to look for women. They know what they want from the get go and you only get one chance to past the "test".

No comments:

Post a Comment